Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jolie

The most uber-adorable thing in my life is my cousin's baby, Jolie. She's cute, smart, charming, friendly, polite, entertaining, and loving. She is 2 years old and she loves to play and explore. I can't even stand how much I love her sometimes. She enjoys my pool in the summer and loves to splash and play. She has the sweetest little girl voice and she says the cutest things. She's actually fun for adults because she repeats everything we say and enjoys our company as much as we enjoy hers. She purposely tilts her head in photos to make herself look cuter. Sick.

I love that she has pets- both a dog and a cat- from such a young age so she doesn't grow up afraid of animals, but develops a love for them. I also like the idea of children learning compassion and how to care for something through having animals in the house as they grow up.

She loves to pet her cat, which she named "kitty" of course. Yesterday was scary because she was playing with her new Thomas the truck, which she LOVES, and she got the moving wheels stuck in her hair and she started to cry. I've never seen her get this upset!

And that's exactly what she cried out to us. Her parents managed to get the truck untangled from her hair, but she was still crying hard. Through the running tears and reddening eyes of a hurting two year old, she said the most mature thing: "I'm very upset! That was scary!" I couldn't even stand how freaking cute THAT was! Here I am trying to be compassionate and helpful, and I'm doing everything I can not to reveal that I even find her tantrum entertaining and adorable. What a lovable little munchkin she is.

4 comments: