Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 13, 2009

House


If I knew medical jargon I could practically write an episode of "House." I love the show, but it does follow a certain formula, doesn't it? I mean, even more closely than most shows. Here's a rough sketch of that formula as I see it:

1. Someone is dying of a mysterious illness, desperate for a correct diagnosis.
2. Dr. House is popping vicodin.
3. His sexy boss yells at him for something- possibly for the vicodin.
4. His friend Wilson yells at him for something- possibly for the vicodin.
5. Lots of meetings which include writing medical terms and symptoms on dry erase boards and the witty derision of colleagues.
6. House suggests something ridiculous as treatment.
7. House is ridiculed for his ridiculous suggestion to cure the patient, like drill a hole in his skull while he's listening to techno.
8. repeat steps 2, 6 and 7 ...
9. House flirts with a sexy doctor.
10. House saves the day! It just wasn't techno- it was ska!

This formula is almost perfect, however, I just saw an episode that strayed from it. Wilson's girlfriend Amber dies! House figured it out, yes, but he couldn't save her! I was left completely distraught in my living room! I'm talking real tears and sobbing! Amber went to pick House up at a bar because he was to drunk to drive, follows him onto a bus which gets into an accident! And the weird complication has something to do with flu medication whe was taking. It ended up poisoning her somehow because the accident cause her kidney failure? Who the hell knows- but what great television! I love him and hate him- he's the hot, nasty, obnoxious hero. Is that a type of hero? Whatever.

House, keep it up - you brilliant jackass.

No comments:

Post a Comment