Total Pageviews

Monday, August 17, 2009

Carbohydrates

The enemy of the people: the good tasting, soul satisfying, comfort food known as carbs. They are everywhere these buggers! They are in your bread, your pasta, your cracker, your cereal, your yogurt, your milk, your carrot. They are in your fruit. They are in your raisins. They are in my hummus. You can't even eat a grape anymore without counting the flipping things out first. So, what do we do? We said we'd avoid them. And we did- for half a day. Get in the zone, my ass. Dr. Atkins is dead. I'm sorry, I can't live with a side of bacon being better for you than a crouton or a peach. My brain just doesn't compute that way. But I do see that society seems to consume way too many carbs- not realizing where they are coming from. A sandwich is always served - anywhere- with a side of carbs in addition to the bread the sandwich is on. Why did we ever start that? Even in schools- the side is french fries! It's completely sick. More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment