Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Trees

















One little walk around the streets of South Farmingdale gave me these images of unusual, beautiful trees. Every night this week driving home from work I'd wished I had my camera in order to capture the colors of the beautiful trees I pass- some so distracting it's almost dangerous to be driving with me. We wait all winter long for them to bloom and when they do, it's spectacular. I don't want to miss it. The splendor of a gorgeous tree is what Joyce Kilmer is talking about in his classic poem. Its first line is part of our consciousness, like so many other words written by fools.

Joyce Kilmer's "Trees"

5 comments:

  1. These shots are great! My favorite has to be the one with the tree trunk and the little ladder next to it. Kind of reminds me of childhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't that the cutest thing? I don't know the names of these trees- perhaps I should study them. But I just love the mood they create. Look at the first one with green leaves- the bark is white and it's totally bent. I wonder what made it do that? See, if a science teacher had used trees to get me excited about science I wouldn't have hated it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is! Too bad science isn't all nature oriented :P
    The first shot's interesting, the outer layer of bark looks like it peeled and exposed what was beneath it.
    There are a lot of trees similar to the ones in the second and fourth pictures around here.
    They're so pretty!

    (By the way, I'll be at school on May 7th after my AP test to visit everyone, I'll drop by the English hall around 1pm)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally off at 2 pm. Will you stick around to hang out with me? 1 pm is the middle of 8th period and I teach 8th and 9th. I'm actually in a totally different hallway this year- room 246 where the world language classes are. See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!
    yeah, I might be bringing a (friend?) lol
    He's nice:)

    haha they moved you to the normal looking hall, I loved the old hallway, it gave off a nice vibe.

    See you there! :)

    ReplyDelete