Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sitting at the kitchen table...








My new kitchen table was delivered yesterday evening, and I love it. It's a round wooden table with two drop-leaves for space-saving. I don't exactly have a small kitchen necessarily, but the room is the center of the house with three doorways to enter it. With a larger table, one of the doorways, the one to the dining room, would be blocked a bit. I'm not a huge follower of feng shui, but I do appreciate the logical concept that if the house is built so that people may walk somehwere, furniture shouldn't obstruct that. Plus, I think that it's just common sense not to overcrowd a busy room. I love the table the the chairs- the black distressed wood of the pieces picks up nicely with the black in the rest of the room. I never thought I'd have a kitchen with black in it, because I like a bright kitchen; however, I'm enjoying the way the countertops really anchor the room. And, the black wood still gives the room a rustic country feel, not a modern one.
I measured and measured tables for weeks, and then one day I just saw this set at a store on 110 in Farmingdale called Designer's Choice Dinettes and Stools. With tape measure in hand (always) I quickly made sure it would fit and within a week it was mine. What happened to my old kitchen table? It's been pushed into the porch and being used as a computer desk.

2 comments:

  1. I love the color! And the black really pops against that color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't take credit for the green, though- I copied a friend. I love the touches of black in the kitchen, because it still manages to feel bright. Her kitchen was even brighter with butcher block counters and a cork floor. Now if I could just keep the cats off the new table...ha!

    ReplyDelete