Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Snowy Morning



I took these pictures on December 30th after the snow came down a second time. The 15 inches that came down the week before were almost gone by the time this sprinkling fell, so I figured I'd better get the camera out quickly this time! Our house still has its Christmas decorations up.


Jim went to work and I wanted to capture a few moments of what our house looks like at Christmas time before we take it all down again.
Who doesn't love the first look of snow before anyone touches it?
I especially love the image of snow covering something from another season, like this bird house with a rooftop of snow; the pool all iced over. This image communicates where we are in the seasons- and that we've got a long winter ahead of us before mother nature says it's time for change and we see puddles melting, the sun shining, and everything green blooming again. For now, Spring is sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment