Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I'm ready for summer...

Browsing through the pictures on my computer I came across the evolution of our backyard pool. A few years ago we installed a semi-inground pool which has made this teacher's summers much more enjoyable. I live in the pool and the yard night and day from late June to late August. Don't call me, don't ask me to go anywhere, don't bother me. I'm either on the deck or in the pool. Just come over.



However these pictures are forcing me to remember the havoc our yard went through to get where it is today! We pulled 4 trees out- sorry, I know that's backwards, but there was no other way. I made the mistake of agreeing with the pool place's first suggestion for pool size: 15x30, which essentially means OLYMPIC. Who the hell? I live with 1 other person! Who did I think was going in this pool? Anyhoo- it's big and it's awesome. (That's what she said, for all of The Office fans out there). Take a look!
First of all, the truck we ordered to come dig the back yard up did half the job, left us with a backyard that made us joke for a while that we moved to Iraq. We actually had to go shopping around for another person who would come to finish the dig in the yard. It was ridiculous. Plus, it was HOT and we were dying for the process to just be done so we could chlorinate the bitch and jump in! But it took soooooo long. Oh, and let's not forget the mosquitos. Um, do you know what happens in the summer in water that just sits and doesn't start moving with a filter? Uh, it gets icky, to put it in layman's terms. We ended up having a pool full of mosquitos large and small becasue before our pool was a thing of leisure and beauty- it was a breeding ground for algae and ickiness. Reminds me of the water George told Lennie not to drink from in Of Mice and Men. Ee-yock, which is what my family says for gross things. One good thing that came of it is my yard was filled with stones that we ended up using around the yard once the grass grew in. Check it out. Once the water was in I fell in love. I absolutely love just looking at the water- it's so relaxing and refreshing, and just knowing that it's always here and I can go in at anytime I want with all the privacy in the world is such a pleasure. We take good care of it and we love having parties. Just look how good the yard looks now. All the Ee-yockiness is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment