Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

New routines...

It's incredible how human emotions are often such a mixed bag. I want to be happy and excited and joyful and jubilant and relaxed that school is over, but I'm not only those things. I'm also antsy, sad and nostalgic. I miss my kids! I miss teaching! I miss planning lessons and the excitement of a school day. Am I a maniac? This job has always felt like two extremes to me. While I'm glad my job is winding down and the summer is finally here, I somehow go from feeling extremely stressed and busy to just useless. I hate to say I'm bored- I'm not! It's not the right word. I'm used to all year NOT having any time for myself, so the new found unencumbered time is something I don't know how to use. I need direction. I'm almost finished with all my grading and then my days will be mine. I will be free to do whatever I want, but I am not sure what that is yet! Beach, tennis, walks, parties, BBQ's, pool, tanning, reading, writing, movies, shopping, home improvements, seeing friends, late nights, breakfast out, Montauk, flip flops, free time.

No comments:

Post a Comment